Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2, NRSV)
Stephen Ministry is the one-to-one lay caring ministry that takes place in congregations that use the Stephen Series system. Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting.
Stephen Ministry Mission:
TRUMC Stephen Ministry walks with Christ alongside the hurting, serves God in our church and community, and changes lives through caring laypersons bringing Christ's healing to the broken.
Stephen Ministry Vision:
TRUMC Stephen Ministry trains caring laypersons to extend the love of Christ to the hurting in our church and community through loving, confidential one-to-one relationships
Other Special Ministries
TRUMC is involved in many other special ministries that directly impact people in our community:
- The Preemie Project supports premature babies and thier families at local hospitals;
- The Seamless Summer Lunch program serves area children a healthy lunch throughout the summer months;
- The Backpack ministry helps food insecure children on weekends during the school year;
- The local food bank is routinely supported with food and supplies as an on-going service ministry;
- TRUMC members participate in Rebuild Upstate projects to assist local families with home repair and upkeep;
- Youth and adults participate in the Salkehatchie Summer Service program work camps which rebuild lives as it makes homes dry and safe
There are many, many other projects that are supported by TRUMC and its members. In a very real sense, our church is serving God and changing lives, right in our community.